Chinese Companies Can't Build Brands? Think AgainShaun Rein
How many Chinese brands can you name? Probably fewer than the fingers on your hand. Atlantic Monthly journalist James Fallows believes China's lack of global brands is proof it is not an economic superpower. As he wrote last month, 44% of Americans think that the world's leading economic power is China. "People who think this are crazy," Fallows wrote on his blog. "Name 20 large American corporations that do business worldwide. Without trying, you can probably name 50. Try to name even 10 from China."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas