Logitech Buys Videoconferencing Outfit LifeSizeBy
PC peripherals maker Logitech International has done its largest ever acquisition, by purchasing videoconferencing system maker LifeSize Communications for $405 million. This definitely represents an interesting new twist in the videoconferencing space. Given Cisco Systems’ $3 billion acquisition of market leader Tandberg a few weeks back (now contested by investors who want a higher price), I would have thought that Polycom or Hewlett-Packard would have gone after LifeSize to fill out their product lines. The Austin-based company, which I’ve written about a few times, has been one of the faster growers thanks to its less expensive, easy to use gear.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States