The Issue: Hickory Farms' Smokin' Turnaround PlanBy
Hickory Farms, known for holiday gift baskets loaded with sausages, hams, and cheeses, realized it was trying to be too much to too many people, and as a result, was losing favor with consumers. Between 2005 and 2008, sales at the Maumee (Ohio) company slipped nearly 30%, to $128 million, down from $180 million.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards