Name to Know: Architect Jeanne Gang
James R. Loewenberg needed an image upgrade. The Chicago-based building designer/developer—he is president of Loewenberg Architects and co-CEO of Magellan Development Group—had been pilloried for erecting high rises that were unimaginatively ugly. His Park Millennium tower certainly didn't help. The 57-story apartment building in Chicago's Lakeshore East area was completed in 2002 to jeers. Blair Kamin, the Chicago Tribune's Pulitzer Prize-winning architecture critic, compared it to a missile silo.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations