Stocks Rally on GDP Report
U.S. stocks closed sharply higher Thursday, reversing a four-session losing streak for the S&P 500 and Nasdaq composite indexes. The market was boosted by a 3.5% rise in U.S. gross domestic product in the third quarter and a 1,000 dip in weekly jobless claims. The reports rekindled investors' confidence in the economy.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards