China's Unreliable Economic Statistics
China's National Bureau of Statistics launched a campaign in late July to boost the patriotic fervor of government statisticians in honor of the 60th anniversary of the founding of Communist China. The campaign, with the lugubrious title "Statistical Feelings: We have walked together—Celebrating the 60th anniversary of the founding of New China," was open to all present and former statistics workers and offered an unspecified "generous cash prize" for entries that were published by the NBS.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas