Existing-Home Sales Decline in AugustPhil Mintz
Existing-home sales posted an unexpected 2.7% decline in August, to a 5.1 million-unit annual rate, the first reversal after four months of gains, the National Association of Realtors reported on Sept. 24. Economists polled by Thomson Reuters (TRI) had expected a gain of 2.1% and an annual rate of 5.35 million, up from 5.24 million in July.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- One of the World’s Hottest Stocks Is Now Tumbling
- Recent ‘Odd’ Market Moves May Be a Warning Sign for Stocks
- The Global Economy Is Doing Just Fine, But the Davos Elite Is Worried
- Amazon Go Pushes Mediterranean Lamb, Skips the Chili Cheese Dogs
- Dollar Slips as Shutdown Drags On; Stocks Mixed: Markets Wrap