Hyundai Gains with Marketing BlitzBy
Four days before swimming sensation Michael Phelps won his eighth gold medal at the 2008 Beijing Olympics, Hyundai Motor America's marketing director, Joel Ewanick, got a phone call from the South Korean automaker's U.S. media buyer. "If you want to be the first ad up after Phelps raises his arms in victory, you can have it, but I have to know this minute," Ewanick recalls of his conversation with Tim Spengler, president of New York's Initiative USA. "I approved it on the phone without checking with anyone," Ewanick adds.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries