Effective Board Oversight of M&ABeverly Behan
One of the most important areas of board decision-making involves reviewing merger and acquisition transactions. Bill Bates is a partner at the law firm of King & Spalding who serves as co-head of the firm's Mergers & Acquisitions practice. Over the past two decades, he's worked with boards of directors on more than 40 merger or acquisition-related transactions. During that time he's seen a sea change in how boards engage with management vis-à-vis M&A: many good practices and a number of terrible mistakes. He spoke recently with BusinessWeek.com columnist Beverly Behan to share his views. Edited excerpts of their conversation follow:
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock