German Plans for GM's Opel Go Awry
Angela Merkel likes to govern by telephone. When she wants to consult with her counterparts in other countries, the German chancellor usually reaches for the secure-line handset that sits on her desk. Her preferred way of giving instructions to her staff is by sending text messages on her cell phone. At times, particularly when sensitive issues are involved and she wants to demonstrate her power, she has someone on her staff call for her rather than pick up the phone herself.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day