Radical Hotel InnovationMichael Arndt
From Venessa Wong, who joined BusinessWeek’s Innovation+Design team in June. The future of hotel design: giving travelers an authentic and unfamiliar experience without leaving their rooms. While quality, consistency and a comfortable bed remain paramount, some designers now aim to immerse guests in unexpected, and sometimes quirky, environments—the rain forest or museum, for instance. I spoke with Michelle Finn and Rachel Long about the Radical Innovation in Hospitality Awards, a competition promoting out-of-the box thinking in hotel design. Now in its third year, the competition drew 20 submissions over the past 10 months. Winners will be announced in mid-September and published in October.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License