Gold Hits a Five-Month HighBen Levisohn
After months of stagnation, gold is poised for a breakout. The precious metal rose over 22 points to close up 2.3% today, the biggest move since March. Strangely, there seems to be no solid reason for gold’s sudden rise. The Wall Street Journal calls it a “safety-play.” MarketWatch blamed economic data. Reuters attributed the rise to a weak dollar. And Bloomberg cited investor demand.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt