Glenn Close on Warren BennisGlenn Close
After reading (and rereading…many times) Warren's intriguing essay, "Leadership as a Performing Art," one thing keeps sticking in my actor's brain. It's this: Like all great actors, great leaders are skilled craftsmen and, like actors, they use their craft to actively engage whatever audience they are playing to. They can sense who their audience is and with them, set up a palpable energy exchange. A great leader's charisma, like a great actor's, makes us all into believers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock