Apps Developers: Show Us the MoneyOm Malik
In this new mobile platform world, app developers are the new kingmakers. Not a day goes by when someone doesn't introduce their own app store, but the question of whether they'll actually be able to profit from their efforts remains. (See our related research report from GigaOM Pro, Surveying the Mobile App Store Landscape, subscription required.) In many ways, my post from last week about the potential size of the applications market has exposed what seems to be the Achilles' heel of this new economy: a lack of moneymaking opportunities for small, independent app developers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Stocks Slide From Records as Anxiety Bubbles Up: Markets Wrap
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States