Consumer Groups Call for Online Privacy GuaranteesRob Hof
A group of 10 consumer and privacy watchdog groups this morning called for Congress to clamp down on online tracking of people’s behavior to target advertising to them as they traverse the Web. In a letter to Representatives Henry Waxman and Joe Barton, respectively the chairman and ranking member of the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, the group put forward a set of principles and recommendations they hope will be included in expected legislation this fall.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Bitcoin Soars Past $8,000 as Technology Shift Concern Vanishes
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt