Stocks Rally on Housing Data
U.S. stocks closed higher for a fourth straight session Friday, reaching their highest levels of the year. Wall Street's rally continued as investors embraced a 7.2% spike in July existing home sales and encouraging comments about the economy from Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke.. In a speech at the Kansas City Fed's annual conference in Jackson Hole, Wyo., Bernanke acknowledged the global economy is more stable, and said "the prospects for a return to growth in the near term appear good."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline