China Eyes Repsol YPF's Argentine UnitBy
China's state-owned enterprises have been on a quest to snap up natural resource companies around the globe for several years now, and their shopping list keeps getting longer. So far this year, outbound Chinese oil and gas acquisitions are at an all-time high of $13.4 billion, up 22% from a year ago, says British research firm Dealogic. State-owned giant China National Petroleum Corp. (CNPC) has reached a deal with BP to boost production in the Rumaila field located in Kuwait and southern Iraq, and China Petroleum & Chemical (Sinopec) has bought oil company Addax for $7 billion.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts