A Chinese Designer Speaks Out on Chinese DesignBy
I received this wonderful comment on my post on Chinese designers. Her analysis parallels my own—the quick-quick manufacturing culture of China shapes Chinese designers. The market for their talent is for designing inexpensive products, often knock-offs, and they do that very well. My major point is that US and European consultancies working in China say that young Chinese designers are not able to do brand strategy and other more sophisticated design work, including very fine product design. There is a growing market for this kind of design by Chinese companies trying to build up their brands inside China and in the wider global market place.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- European Stocks Erase Losses; Dollar Edges Lower: Markets Wrap
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn