Lawmakers Scramble for 'Clunker' FundsBy and
The Federal Cash for Clunkers program that has been giving car buyers up to $4,500 to replace old cars with new, more fuel-efficient vehicles will operate through the weekend, the Transportation Dept. said July 31. Meanwhile, the House of Representatives voted Friday to add $2 billion to the program, which unexpectedly ran out of its initial appropriation of $1 billion in short order. The Senate is expected to take up the measure next week.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders