Is Dalia Grybauskaite Lithuania's Obama?Agne Kazlauskaite
The country's media have dubbed her "the hope of Lithuania" and compared her to U.S. President Barack Obama. Many Lithuanians believe she will be the leader who can bring an end to the nation's economic troubles. Never before in the country's post-Soviet independence have aspirations for improvement been pinned so strongly on a single person, as now, during the global recession. And on top of all that, 53-year-old Dalia Grybauskaite, inaugurated on 12 July, is also the country's first female president.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders