Who Pays a Failed LLC's Debts?
My spouse and I owned an LLC that closed last October. We filed dissolution with the state. We had a five-year lease agreement that has two years left on it. Although the business is now closed, the landlord has sent us collections notices for partial payments through October '08 as well as the lease payment and utility bills for 2009. We can't pay, and now he's trying to garnish our wages. Are we personally liable for these debts although our business is dissolved? We cannot afford a lawyer. —L.P.N., Green Bay, Wis.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- World’s Biggest Wealth Fund Wants Out of Oil and Gas