Mel Gibson, 50 Cent, Tim Geithner, Richard Gere, and Christie Brinkley can't sell their housesBy
As if celebrities didn’t have enough problems—like paparazzi and wrinkles—along comes the housing bust to tarnish their silvery existence. Chicago Tribune real estate columnist Mary Umberger rounded up a bunch of celebs who are having trouble selling expensive homes, including the above-mentioned Mel Gibson, 50 Cent, Tim Geithner, and Richard Gere. Christie Brinkley’s unsold home shows up in a story by Laura Mann of Newsday. That’s the tippy top of Christie’s house, known as Tower Hill, in the photo. It’s been on the market for $30 million ever since 2007. Don’t feel too bad for the uptown girl, though. According to Newsday, she bought Tower Hill in the late 1990s for less than $3 million.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards