Bernanke Denies Bullying Bank of AmericaElise Craig and Phil Mintz
Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke told a House committee that while he warned Bank of America (BAC) CEO Ken Lewis against pulling out of the acquisition of Merrill Lynch late in 2008, he didn't threaten punitive action it the bank's management tried to back out of the deal.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- European Stocks Drift as Dollar Extends Decline: Markets Wrap
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Two Biggest Risks Now Are China and Inflation, Market Veteran Says
- What Analysts Are Saying About the Sudden Drop in Chinese Stocks