You Need to Engage, Not Agree
Constructive conflict creates an effective environment for innovation. Leaders who make agreement or consensus more important than candid, rigorous debate cause problems for themselves and others. Results suffer. Remember that engagement is more important than agreement. Take a hard look at any need you have for others to agree with you. Then notice the tone you are setting in your organization regarding conflict. Open it up, and richer contributions from you and your team will follow.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis