New Twitter TV show might be a hit...By
OK, chances are that the Twitter-inspired TV show will be a flop. Most shows are.
But when it comes to successful tech-inspired plots, think about Martin Scorcese’s The Departed. The plot revolved around the cell phone. The story could not be told without it, could not have happened without it. And yet very few people coming out of the theater would call it a cell-phone movie.
Of course, The Departed was an ambitious Hollywood production by a leading director. Chances are that the Twitter TV show will turn out to be just a celebrity-hunting gimmick trying to take advantage of a fad. But it doesn’t have to be if its creators use their imagination.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account
- Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners