Toyota's New Prius: A Hybrid HotshotIan Rowley
Toyota Prius Chief Engineer Akihiko Otsuka cut a relaxed figure during a briefing at the carmaker's Tokyo offices on May 19. Toyota (TM), he said, is confident that sales of the new-generation Prius will run between 300,000 to 400,000 between now and the end of the year. Not bad for what was once dismissed as a niche product. The success of the Prius is a source of pride for Otsuka, a keen angler who heard he had been assigned to work on the current generation of the hybrid while fishing by a river in Kanazawa in western Japan.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Fewest Jobless Claims Since 1973 Show Firm U.S. Job Market
- Germans Are Going Wild for a Show Set During the Dawn of the Nazis
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- U.S. Senate Adopts Budget, Giving Momentum to Trump's Tax-Cut Plans