The $1 Trillion Question
The results of the “stress tests”—the parameters for which came out on Apr. 24—may not be all that terrible when the government finally releases them in early May. But many of the zombie banks will likely need to raise more money, as much as $1 trillion altogether. With the U.S. bailout funds almost gone, banks will have to convince private investors to pony up the money. That will be a hard sell.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's