Cisco's Latest Consumer Play: The Smart Grid
The announcement this week that Miami could soon be home to the nation's largest smart-grid project brought together some of the biggest companies in the space, General Electric (GE) and Cisco (CSCO); one of its most promising startups, Silver Spring Networks; and the utility arm of the nation's largest wind and solar energy generator, Florida Power & Light (FPL). But despite all the stimulus-friendly talk of being "shovel-ready," the project was first outlined in D.C. at a dinner meeting just six weeks ago, according to Cisco spokeswoman Jennifer Greeson. In other words, there are plenty of details yet to be worked out, including what roles each of the partners will play.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- Europe Stocks Fall After China Drop; Dollar Steady: Markets Wrap
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed