Separated at Birth: Imports versus Home PricesBy
My new favorite chart: Goods imports versus home prices, indexed to start with September 2001 in both cases. They both zoom up, and they both collapse to roughly the same level.
Added April 10:
By request, here is home prices versus nonoil imports. The same pattern holds. If you think that one is a bubble, the other one likely is a bubble too.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Two Words That Will Help Get an Airline Upgrade Over the Phone
- Stocks Turn Lower, Dollar Rises After Fed Minutes: Markets Wrap
- Brighter U.S. Growth Outlook Emboldens Fed on Rate-Hike Course
- Risky Crypto Bet Dents Dennis Gartman's Retirement Account
- Apple in Talks to Buy Cobalt Directly From Miners