Nissan's Cube Aims Young
Back in 2004, when Toyota (TM) launched the Scion brand to grow into a younger niche, Scion's xB showed that young buyers weren't only into slammed Civics and souped-up Mustangs. A boxy, strange-looking vehicle, the xB was more about a rolling living room than a fast set of wheels. Now Nissan (NSANY) and Kia would like a piece of that action. They are using the original xB formula and coming to market with the Cube, for Nissan, and the Soul, for Kia, both of which are smaller than the latest-gen xB, which has grown bloated and more expensive than the original box that launched the Scion brand.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- Mercedes Plots Tesla Attack With $1 Billion U.S. Electric Push
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Hewlett Packard Enterprise Is Said to Plan About 5,000 Job Cuts