Earth Hour: Symbolism Isn't EnoughDennis Posadas
Last Saturday, Mar. 28, several million people worldwide flipped off their light switches for an hour to symbolically send a message of their determination to fight global warming. According to a press statement by WWF-Philippines, more than 15 million Filipinos in 647 towns and cities participated by flicking off their switches. Philippine landmarks such as the Jose Rizal shrine and the Mall of Asia were among those that turned off their lights, according to the Earth Hour Web site.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders