New Bill Would Regulate Business CybersecurityBy
Business expected tougher environmental, financial, and labor regulations from the Obama Administration, but it looks like the feds may be getting ready to move into a new area: the information security practices of some private businesses. As first reported by The Washington Post, Senate Commerce Committee Chairman John D. Rockefeller IV (D-WV) and Senator Olympia J. Snowe (R-Me.) would set federal security requirements for private systems that control critical infrastructure, such as the electrical power grid, and would come with enforcement powers.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- A L'Oreal Heiress Is Now the World's Richest Woman
- Ivanka Trump Faces Courtroom Showdown Over $785 Sandals
- How Electric Cars Can Create the Biggest Disruption Since the iPhone
- Uber Losing Battle in London After Regulator Revokes License
- A Storm's Never Destroyed a Grid Like Maria Ruined Puerto Rico's