A Smarter Way to Set CEO PayChris Farrell
The opening sentence of Alexis de Tocqueville's Democracy in America, the social philosopher's magisterial epic investigation into early 19th century America, highlights how central the idea of equality has been in society: "No novelty in the United States struck me more vividly during my stay there than the equality of conditions."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Stocks Drop, Yen Gains as Investor Jitters Return: Markets Wrap
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States