Geithner Spells Out Regulatory ProposalsBy
Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner unveiled on Mar. 26 details of the Obama Administration's proposals to strengthen regulation in the financial sector, including new oversight of hedge funds and derivative financial products such as credit default swaps. The proposal also expands on the Administration's call for a broad "resolution authority" that would allow orderly dissolution of insolvent firms' whose failure would threaten the stability of the financial system.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Uber Paid Hackers to Delete Stolen Data on 57 Million People
- Tesla’s Burning Through Nearly Half a Million Dollars Every Hour
- New Uber CEO Keeps Finding Horrors at Every Turn
- Facebook to Show Users Which Russian Propaganda They Followed
- Jamie Dimon Says He'd Bet Donald Trump Doesn't Win Again in 2020