Geithner Outlines 'Resolution Authority'
The Obama Administration on Mar. 25 issued details on proposed legislation for a "resolution authority" that would give the President sweeping powers to dismantle or reorganize failing companies that pose a threat to the country's financial system. The proposal would also effectively shift some authority now held by the judiciary to the executive branch in an effort to speed up what could otherwise be slow-moving bankruptcy proceedings.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock
- Subways May Be the Latest Casualty of China's Crackdown on Debt
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’