Wealthy Drivers Are Trading Down to Cheaper Autos
Trading down is becoming chic. The word "frugalista" has crept into the lexicon. McDonald's (MCD) McCafé sales are up, while Starbuck's (SBUX) are down. Subaru and Hyundai are hotter brands than BMW and Mercedes-Benz. The recession, flirting with becoming a full-on Depression, is reshaping consumer buying habits, as well as the product plans of companies ranging from Ford (F) to Mercedes-Benz, Burberry (BBRYF), and Coach (COH).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders