SXSW: Facebook Holds a New Carrot for DevelopersBy
Last year, Facebook ticked off a good chunk of its third-party development community by redesigning its home page. Their “apps,” widgets like games and photo tools that users can download to their profile pages, had been shoved unceremoniously to a separate tab on the site called “Boxes,” which statistics showed hurt their traffic. One developer, Scott Rafer, declared that the “Facebook platform is dead” to the outside developer community.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf of Mexico Oil Spill May Be Largest Since BP Disaster
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline