Cathay Pacific Apologizes to YouTube Temper Tantrum StarBy
The woman who became a YouTube sensation after a video of her throwing a temper tantrum at the Hong Kong airport has received an apology from Cathay Pacific. According to the South China Morning Post (unavailable online without subscription), the airline gave the unidentified woman, who had a monumental fit after she arrived late at the gate and Cathay employees wouldn’t let her board, an upgrade along with the apology. I can see why the airline did what it did. An employee was the one who made the video, and Cathay had nothing to lose by appearing magnanimous. Still, as a BusinessWeek colleague in New York pointed out to me, had she pulled a stunt like this in the U.S. rather than Hong Kong she would have ended up in a choke hold.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Honda Recalls 800,000 Odyssey Minivans Linked to Injuries
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations