How Icahn Would Attack Lionsgate
It's been a long time since Hollywood had a good takeover story to buzz about. Now, it appears that onetime corporate raider Carl Icahn has his sights set on Lions Gate Entertainment (LGF), the studio that brought you the TV show Mad Men and movies such as Crash and the Saw series. With each passing day, it seems, Icahn buys another chunk of Lionsgate, so far bringing his stake to more than 14%. Throw in Icahn's saying that he may ask for a special shareholder meeting to add board members, and you have the same plotline that the savvy investor has used to inch his way toward gaining control of companies from ImClone (IMCL) to Blockbuster (BBI).
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- The U.K.'s $86 Billion Pension Problem Is About to Solve Itself
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders