A Common Future for Saab and Opel?
Saab filed for insolvency protection on Friday morning, just days after American parent company General Motors signalled it would seek to divest itself of the Swedish carmaker. The development was only the latest in what has become an existential crisis for GM's European units, which include Sweden's Saab and Germany's Opel—firms that are deeply ingrained in the national identity of both countries.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Billionaire Tom Barrack Throws Harvey Weinstein a Lifeline
- Everything Is Crazy and the Markets Aren’t Freaking Out
- Facebook Is Looking for Employees With National Security Clearances
- Kushners’ Control of Family’s NYC Crown Jewel Is Now in Jeopardy
- London House Prices Fall Most Since Financial Crisis