Silver Spring: A Growing Presence in Green TechSpencer E. Ante
California's ambitious green agenda is swiftly pushing startup Silver Spring Networks into the black. In July 2006, the Golden State leapfrogged to the forefront of the environment-friendly tech movement when regulators gave the state's largest utility the go-ahead to spend big on so-called smart meters that can moderate energy use. Once a dumb electro-mechanical machine that garnered little attention outside a once-a-month reading, the lowly meter has become a cornerstone of energy innovation by morphing into a two-way communications device.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- These Guys Want to Lend You Money Against Your Bitcoin
- Fed Raises Rates, Eyes Three 2018 Hikes as Yellen Era Nears End
- This Electric Truck Will Probably Beat Tesla’s to Market
- Bitcoin Points Way to ‘Massive Change’ for Commodity Businesses
- Famed Short-Seller Jim Chanos Says Tesla Headed for ‘Brick Wall’