Do You Need a Taxpayer ID Number?

Many businesses owners don't need taxpayer ID numbers, but using your Social Security number may not be a good idea, either

Q: I had a taxpayer identification number years ago for my business as a sole proprietor. Do I have to reapply for a tax ID number this year, or can I just use the same number, or my Social Security number, after all these years?

To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.