Winter Storms Batter Midwest UtilitiesBrian Burnsed
For much of last week, the trees crusted with ice and snow in Kentucky and many parts of the Midwest seemed like images from a Robert Frost poem. But the interaction of winter weather and utility lines poses a daunting challenge when it comes to keeping the power on. "It paints a beautiful picture to see the snow and ice on the trees," says Sergeant David Jude, a spokesman for the Kentucky State Police. "But under that picturesque beauty it looks like a war zone."
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States