DTV: Rabbit Ears and FUDBy
Spreading FUD—fear, uncertainty, and doubt—is an old marketing technique in the tech business—and Washington policy debates. The discussion of the now-postponed digital TV transition has been mired in an unusual amount of FUD. You’d think that television might get a story that so intimately concerns itself right, but not if you read headlines like “ Rabbit ears get reprieve” used by CNN both on the air and on its Web site.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Getting a Dog May Save Your Life, Especially If You’re Single
- The Questionable Math Behind Manafort’s Extravagant Home Renovations
- Musk Dusts Off the Fundraising Playbook With Semi, Roadster Orders