Leadership After Layoffs
How does a small business owner manage morale and regain momentum after making staff cuts? It's important to set the right tone, says Patrick Sweeney, president of international management firm Caliper, based in Princeton, N.J. Above all, rethink your staffing situation strategically and resist the temptation to simply dump extra work on your remaining employees, he warns. Sweeney spoke to Smart Answers columnist Karen E. Klein recently; edited excerpts of their conversation follow.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards