Inane Doritos Ad Wins Super Bowl Poll. Do we smell a rat?
This morning USA Today released the results of its “Ad Meter”, the yardstick advertisers use to judge their Super Bowl ads. Not all of the scores jibe with our assessment of the game, but I thought the declared winner, Doritos, was downright outrageous. Did these 288 grown men and women from Portland, Oregon and McLean, Virginia — two places I always thought sounded decent enough — really chuckle hardest, grin widest, and twiddle their “ad meter” devices most vigorously when the twitchy man threw the snow globe at the vending machine? Of all the things advertisers tried last night, was that really all it took?
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing