Vital Signs: Job Losses Expected to Worsen
We know the fourth quarter was bad. Now the data will start to give us an idea of how the first quarter is shaping up. The current betting among economists is: not well. This week offers the first round of major January indicators that will set the tone for what to expect. The Institute for Supply Management’s reports on both manufacturing and nonmanufacturing activity will be key benchmarks, but the Labor Dept.’s employment report is sure to attract the most attention.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Turns Out It Will Be Congress’s Fault When Stocks Crash
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Facebook and Google Helped Anti-Refugee Campaign in Swing States
- Ford to Take $267 Million Hit From Recall of F-Series Trucks