Sandy Climan, Hollywood's 3D Man
Sanford R. "Sandy" Climan spent more than a decade as one of Hollywood's most powerful dealmakers. A top lieutenant to superagent Michael Ovitz, Climan represented such stars as Robert De Niro, Robert Redford, and Kevin Costner while brokering deals for Sony (SNE), Mastushita, and Seagram to buy Hollywood studios. These days he has a new role: bringing 3D movies, television shows, and live events to the masses on movie screens and, perhaps soon, on TV sets from which characters will seemingly pop off the screen and into your living room.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- Smartphones Are Killing Americans, But Nobody’s Counting
- Why a Pub in the Middle of Nowhere Was Named the World’s Best Restaurant
- Gulf Coast Oil Spill May Be Largest Since 2010 BP Disaster
- Racist Outburst Prompts Faber’s Exit From Three Company Boards
- Airbus Snaps Up Bombardier Jet in New Challenge to Boeing