Automakers Seek Profit in Electric-Car BatteriesJosie Garthwaite
When Toyota Prius sales sank more than 40% last May compared with the same month a year earlier, the automaker blamed it on a global battery shortage. But while the 7% drop in fiscal 2009 sales Toyota (TM) forecast this week has less to do with batteries and more to do with the global economy, part of Toyota and other automakers' recovery could have everything to do with supplying parts and technology for all-electric and plug-in hybrid vehicles.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- This $14 Million Atlanta Home With Bunker Is ‘Safest in America’
- Separatists Pledge to Fight On After Spain Moves to Oust Catalan Leaders
- These Cities Make NYC Housing Look Dirt Cheap
- GE's New CEO Vows Sweeping Change After ‘Unacceptable’ Report
- Greenwich Mansion Listings Pulled to Wait for a Better Day