Vital Signs: More Bad Earnings News to Come?
The fourth-quarter earnings season kicks into gear this week, as 56 S&P 500 companies plan to report their results. As usual, Alcoa (AA) started things off, this time with surprising news of a 28 cents per share loss on Jan. 12. Even after warning Wall Street the previous week, the company’s results still came in almost three times worse than the Street’s expectation. Alcoa’s negative surprise may well be a harbinger of more bad news to come.
To continue reading this article you must be a Bloomberg Professional Service Subscriber.
If you believe that you may have received this message in error please let us know.
- The Latest on the Political Turmoil in Zimbabwe
- Goldman Sachs Sees Four 2018 Fed Rate Hikes as U.S. Growth Gains
- Norway Idea to Exit Oil Stocks Is ‘Shot Heard Around the World’
- Tesla Unveils ‘World’s Fastest Production Car’ and Electric Big Rig
- Norway Oil Bosses Insist End Isn't Nigh After $35 Billion Shock